BHR Group provides technical solutions to industry through a variety of fluid engineering-based products and services. Its proven and innovative solutions support clients operating in complex, regulated markets. In September 2021, BHR Group was acquired by Framatome, an international leader in nuclear energy with over 14,000 employees.
The Opportunity & Applicant
The role is a key member of our team working on our world leading Fluid Mixing Programme. The team carries out trials and experiments and analyses data in applied science for industrial application working with major multinationals. The team also provides consultancy advice on process challenges across the range of mixing technologies. The goal is to improve efficiency of process mixing to reduce energy use and resource consumption.
We are looking for chemical or process engineers with a technical specialisation in one or more of the following areas:
• Industrial process mixing
• Process intensification
• Complex rheology fluids
• Industrial chemistry
Applicants should possess an MSc or PhD in Chemical Engineering, or similar engineering discipline with a solid knowledge of fluid dynamics.
The following skills are essential:
• Competence in experimental testing, accurate reporting of results and data analysis
• Good practical and technical skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication and report writing skills
• Strongly self-motivated and able to organise themselves and to prioritise work
• Ability at planning & project management
• Evidence of working within multi-disciplinary teams
• The ability to work at pace and deliver work product on time is essential
The following skills would be advantageous:
• Experience in a relevant industrial role or working with industrial partners
• Knowledge or experience of chemical reactor design
• Knowledge or experience in slurry transport
• Programming skills (VBA / python / Labview)
• Knowledge and experience of the capabilities of CFD techniques and experience of using the software.
• A challenging and stimulating environment working on technically innovative projects
• A competitive remuneration rate is offered
• BHR Group supports its staff to achieve chartered status of relevant institutions
• Situated on the Cranfield University campus, we enjoy access to a wide range of social and recreational facilities as well as learning resources.
Forward your CV/resume to Mary Harris, HR Administrator, at: Recruitment@bhrgroup.com